To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment with our partner, NeighborWorks Columbus, to assess your eligibility for the program.
You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 30 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
Please read and follow the instructions below:
- To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account.
- When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
- Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus in order to authenticate your account.
- Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
- Create an 8-character password for your profile
- To log in to your account, click here.
- Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
- Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session. Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:
***Don’t have a scanner? It’s easy! Use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them!
- Preapproval letter for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender.
- 1st, 2nd and signature page of a fully executed purchase and sales agreement for a property located in Jefferson County or Shelby County (Shelby County map will be available soon.)
- If you have not already completed homebuyer education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up! Create an account or sign in to sign up for homebuyer education.
- Interested in taking homebuyer education as an online course you can complete on your own time and at your own pace? Click on the “Training Center” tab at the top of the screen in your online account. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “View Online Classes.” Once you have clicked that button, you will be taken to another page. On that page, scroll down to the section titled “Home Buyer Education: America’s Premier Online Home Buyer Education” class. Now you will be able to sign up for your homebuyer education course. Click “Register Now” to register and pay for your class.
***Remember, a completed homebuyer education certificate from an approved provider is required prior to closing on your home!
- Once NeighborWorks Columbus has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section. You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 30 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once NeighborWorks Columbus reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. NeighborWorks Columbus will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
- After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Columbus confirming the date, time and location of your EDS appointment. The email will include details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). Click here to see a list of the required documents. If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. Be sure to bring copies of all of the documents you upload to your Eligibility Determination Session.